Archive for category Bulletin
The Spring LEYM Bulletin is now available here. Like recent Spring issues, it looks ahead to our Annual Meeting, on July 30 – August 2. This year, however, the Annual Meeting is virtual, which has led to many changes in the program and how we will share the experience. The Bulletin explains how meeting via Zoom will work, describes the program for children and youth, provides the full schedule, and previews the four workshops. Unlike in past years, there is no registration form in the Bulletin itself, as registration will happen entirely online.
Other contents of this Bulletin include a message from our clerk, reports from our representatives to Friends organizations, LEYM Friends’ responses to the COVID-19 pandemic expressed through poetry and art, and much more. Please note that fewer printed copies are being sent to monthly meetings, on the assumption that Friends are not gathering there for the time being; downloading the Bulletin (as a pdf file) gives Friends an alternative way to enjoy it.
The new deadline for submissions to the spring issue of the LEYM Bulletin is Monday, June 8, 2020. The deadline was pushed back as the Adult and Children Program Committees adjust for an online gathering of Friends on the dates previously established for Annual Sessions, Thursday – Sunday, July 30 – August 2, 2020.
The editors of the Bulletin especially encourage submissions that reflect how Friends have experienced the current pandemic and resulting quarantines. Essays, poetry, meditations, and artwork from Friends of all ages are all welcome.
Please send submissions by June 8, 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Peggy Daub & Jeff Cooper, co-editors, LEYM Bulletin
The Winter 2020 LEYM Bulletin can be downloaded here. This issue includes:
- A Clerk’s Message asking how Executive Committee can help our monthly meetings and worship groups
- Information on Representative Meeting (at Pittsburgh Meeting on April 4)
- A preview of the Annual Meeting theme and plenary speaker
- News from the Executive Committee
- Descriptions of LEYM scholarships and other financial assistance for youth and adults
- A report on the FCNL Annual Meeting
- News from monthly meetings, including the major renovation of the Pittsburgh Meeting House
- And more, including color photos.
Back issues of the Bulletin are available online as well here.
A FRIENDLY REMINDER
Items to be published in the Fall Bulletin of Lake Erie Yearly Meeting should be received by the Bulletin editors by Tuesday, October 15.
Examples of items to send:
- news items from yearly meeting committees
- photographs from Annual Sessions or monthly meeting activities
- articles or photographs from local monthly meetings or worship groups
- news of regional conference/retreats
- news of individual Friends
Send to: email@example.com
Thank you, Peggy Daub & Jeff Cooper Co-Editors, LEYM Bulletin
The deadline for submissions to the Spring Bulletin of Lake Erie Yearly Meeting is Wednesday, May 15th.
Warmly welcomed: articles describing activities of monthly meetings, essays, poetry or artwork related to spiritual journeys.
Especially needed: anything that people need to see prior to our summer sessions in Bluffton.
Send to the Bulletin editors.
Early Bulletins from 1963 and 1964 have been added to the Bulletin archives. The first edition for 1963 details the formation of Lake Erie Yearly Meeting alongside the existing Lake Erie Association. You can find them here.