LEYM Calendar of Events
Use the month selector controls along the top to advance the calendar as needed. If you have events to be added please contact email@example.com or use the form located on the LEYM Events Planning page. You can subscribe to the official LEYM events calendar using this iCal link.
- May 7, 2023
Spiritual Companioning Check-in
May 7, 2023 4:00 pm - 5:30 pm
LEYM Friends engaged or interested in the practice of Spiritual Companioning gather online at 4pm on the first Sunday of odd-numbered months for informal exchange of experiences, questions and opportunities to practice with others.
As needed, activities may include:
- An introduction to the practice for newcomers (or a refresher for any who want it)
- A chance to engage in a companioning session with people other than your usual group (we find that we all learn from each other when we cross-fertilize our experiences)
- A chance to bring a message or insight from your practice to the group for additional discernment.
- An opportunity to share what's working for you and your group
- Forming or re-forming new groups
Here's the zoom information:
Meeting ID: 864 1546 3389
- May 10, 2023
Annual Meeting Registration Deadline
May 10, 2023
Registration Deadline for attending LEYM Annual Meeting at Ashland University June 15-18. Get more information here: https://leym.org/annual-meeting-info/
- May 15, 2023
State of Meeting Reports Due
May 15, 2023
Due date for State of the Meeting Reports.Send to Flo Friender (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- May 20, 2023
Green Pastures Quarterly Meeting Spring Gathering
May 20, 2023
On Saturday, May 20, Green Pastures Quarterly Meeting will gather in person at Ann Arbor Friends Meeting house for our Spring Quarterly Meeting. Hospitality will start at 9:30. Business begins at 10:00 a.m., with a presentation by Friend Brad Shaw at noon. BRING A BAGGED LUNCH if you need one. The business meeting and presentation will be available hybrid. Friends are encouraged to sign in just before 10 a.m., so they don’t miss out on anything. The Zoom link can be requested from email@example.com.
- Query related to stewardship of resources: How do I simplify my needs, making decisions that balance self-sufficiency and fair sharing of resources?
- Roll call
- Approval of minutes
- Treasury report
- Finance Committee
- Nominating Committee
- Friends Center report
- Michigan Quakers for Environmental Action
- Presentation: Brad Shaw, Red Cedar Friends: “Lessons from Quaker History: Activism within the Socioeconomic Realities of the Status Quo”
- May 27, 2023
Annual Meeting Action Items/Reports Due to Clerk
May 27, 2023
Please get your reports and action item requests to the LEYM Clerk so that she can build our agenda and best address the needs of the group.
- June 15, 2023
LEYM Annual Meeting
June 15, 2023 - June 18, 2023
We are excited that our Annual Meeting will be in person this year for the first time since 2019. The theme of this year's gathering is Navigating Anew. We'll meet at Ashland University June 15-18. Get more information in the Bulletin and here: https://leym.org/annual-meeting-info/