Guidelines for Conduct in Meeting for Business (docx)
List of books & pamphlets on clerking (PDF or docx format)
LEYM Policies and ProceduresContains Lake Erie Yearly Meeting’s policies and procedures for operating.
Policies & Procedures Manual
LEYM’s newsletter, The Bulletin, comes out 3 times a year in the winter, spring, and fall. Individuals can sign up to receive a copy of each new Bulletin by e-mail. Paper copies are available to meetings and individuals, and electronic versions are posted for download.
Go to Bulletin page.
Items that are scheduled to go in the Bulletin each year include:
- Condensed minutes and reports from Annual Sessions (Fall)
- Information about upcoming Representative Meeting (Winter)
- Reports from LEYM representatives to wider Quaker organizations
- Minutes from Rep. Meeting (Spring)
- All necessary information for and about the next Annual Sessions (Spring
Meetings are asked to send a copy of their meeting newsletters to the Bulletin editor.
Each year following Annual Sessions, LEYM publishes a book of Annual Records that includes the following:
- Annual calendar for LEYM
- Minutes from Representative Meeting
- Minutes from Annual Sessions
- Text of the Plenary Session at Annual Session
- Summaries of workshops at Annual Session
- Text of the YM Epistle
- Texts of the Epistles from the Infants & Toddlers, Early Elementary, Upper Elementary, Middle School, and High School groups at YM
- History & Description of LEYM
- Texts of the State of the Meeting Reports submitted by meetings and worship groups to LEYM’s Ministry & Nurture Committee
- Member and attender statistics as reported in meetings’ annual Statistical Reports to the YM database manager
- A directory of meetings and worship groups with information on worship time & place with contact information as reported to the YM database manager in the Statistical Reports
- Meeting and worship group clerks and heads of committees as reported to the the YM database manager in the Statistical Reports
- A directory of names & contact information for attenders at Annual Sessions, LEYM officers, committee members, representatives to other Quaker organizations, monthly meeting officers, worship group conveners, and monthly meeting clerks/conveners of committees
Copies are distributed to meetings and LEYM officers and committee members as needed for reference. For more information, contact the clerk of the Publications and Archives Committee.
Faith and Practice
LEYM has not created its own book of Faith and Practice. Until it does, it recommends that meetings either develop their own meeting discipline as a guide for orderly procedure or use an FGC-affiliated yearly meeting’s Faith and Practice such as Philadelphia or Baltimore Yearly Meeting.