Green Pastures Quarterly Meeting planned for Saturday, Sept 17, 2022
The Fall Green Pastures Quarterly Meeting will be held online beginning at 10 a.m., Saturday, September 17, 2022. For the Zoom link, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. The meeting will feature a discussion on Quakers in business.
- Roll Call (Kevin Miller)
- Approval of previous meeting’s Minutes (Maryann Concannon)
- Treasurer’s report (Jeff Cooper)
- Finance Committee will present a proposed budget (Bob Orr)
- Nominating Committee (Peggy Daub)—Approval of the appointment of Ellerie Brownfain to Nominating Committee.
- Michigan Friends Center (No report at this time)
- Michigan Quakers For Environment Action update? (Peggy Daub, Phil Volk)
- Consideration for in-person events (Kevin Miller) —Requesting volunteers for May Meeting to help with tech.
- Mid-Winter Gathering 2023 (Kevin Miller)—Requesting volunteers for program planning.
- Announcements (Maryann Concannon, April Allison)
- Presentation: Quakers were originally much more likely to be tradespeople than professionals, academics, teachers, etc. They developed honest practices such as charging everyone a publicly announced price that led them to be successful. We are asking some Friends who run businesses or have thoughts on Friends and the business world to lead a discussion of what all Quakers need to know about the world of commerce, and how our practices and values are relevant today. A few people in Ann Arbor who are involved in businesses have been asked (Paul and Claire Tinkerhess, Marilyn Churchill), and we would welcome thoughts by others who might have things to say.