Published Resources for Meeting Clerks and Worship Group Conveners in Lake Erie Yearly Meeting
LEYM web site: leymquaker.wordpress.com
- Calendar of LEYM events and deadlines
- Info for Meeting Clerks
- LEYM News, which includes copies of the Bulletin
- Annual Meeting Info
- Spiritual Formation Program
- Find a Meeting – a directory of all meetings and worship groups within LEYM, including contacts and how to attend worship
- About Us (Quakers)
- Youth Pages
- LEYM Committee Pages
- Other Quaker Links
Resources for meetings can be found at
the Advancement and Outreach committee page
Create a web page for your Meeting or Worship Group
- LEYM hosts a basic web page for a number of individual meetings and worship groups. To find out more about this possibility for your group, contact the web master. You can find contact information at http://leym.quaker.org/committees.html.
- A pamphlet on both technical and process issues in developing and maintaining a meeting web site can be found at www.fgcquaker.org/ao/your-quaker-meeting-thinking-setting-web-site. LEYM’s Advancement & Outreach Committee developed the pamphlet.
LEYM Policies and ProceduresFor those interested in the policies and procedures of LEYM, see the policy manual page.
LEYM’s newsletter, The Bulletin, comes out 3 times a year in the winter, spring, and fall. Paper copies are available to meetings and individuals, and electronic versions are posted for download at http://www.quaker.org/leym/News/bulletins.html.
Items that are scheduled to go in the Bulletin each year include:
- Condensed minutes and reports from Annual Sessions (Fall)
- Information about upcoming Representative Meeting (Winter)
- Reports from LEYM representatives to wider Quaker organizations
- Minutes from Rep. Meeting (Spring)
- All necessary information for and about the next Annual Sessions (Spring)
Meetings are asked to send a copy of their meeting newsletters to the Bulletin editor. Contact information for the editor can be found at http://www.quaker.org/leym/committees.html.
Each year following Annual Sessions, LEYM publishes a book of Annual Records that includes the following:
- Annual calendar for LEYM
- Minutes from Representative Meeting
- Minutes from Annual Sessions
- Text of the Plenary Session at Annual Session
- Summaries of workshops at Annual Session
- Text of the YM Epistle
- Texts of the Epistles from the Infants & Toddlers, Early Elementary, Upper Elementary, Middle School, and High School groups at YM
- History & Description of LEYM
- Texts of the State of the Meeting Reports submitted by meetings and worship groups to LEYM’s Ministry & Nurture Committee
- Member and attender statistics as reported in meetings’ annual Statistical Reports to the YM database manager
- A directory of meetings and worship groups with information on worship time & place with contact information as reported to the YM database manager in the Statistical Reports
- Meeting and worship group clerks and heads of committees as reported to the the YM database manager in the Statistical Reports
- A directory of names & contact information for attenders at Annual Sessions, LEYM officers, committee members, representatives to other Quaker organizations, monthly meeting officers, worship group conveners, and monthly meeting clerks/conveners of committees
Copies are distributed to meetings and LEYM officers and committee members as needed for reference.
Faith and Practice
LEYM has not created its own book of Faith and Practice. Until it does, it recommends that meetings either develop their own meeting discipline as a guide for orderly procedure or use Philadelphia Yearly Meeting’s Faith and Practice. Some meetings also like to refer to the Faith and Practices of other yearly meetings, e.g., Britain Yearly Meeting.