Beyond Diversity 101: A 5-day intensive with Niyonu Spann & Lisa Graustein
Jan 14-18, 2018
Beyond Diversity 101 intends the healing transformation of personal relationships, community living, and organizations based in power-over dynamics and systematic discrimination. Participants are offered ways to move beyond assigning blame and increasing guilt so they can take responsibility, shift mindsets, and build useful skills. Participants will:
- Rigorously examine the dynamics of difference and power;
- Move beyond the oppressor/victim framework toward a new model for transformation — real change within, real change without;
- Develop applications for continuing work at home;
- Become more honest about this work and see where we get stuck; and
- Recognize how our spiritual lives relate to our work toward social justice.