See the GPQM News Listings for upcoming and past events
Go to GPQM Minutes and Files
Go to Green Pastures web site
- Presiding Clerk: Marvin Barnes, 187 Glenshire Dr., Troy, MI 48085; 248 528-1321; email@example.com
- Recording Clerk: Tom Blackwell: 1640 Broadway, Ann Arbor, MI 48105; home: (734) 668-1008, tblackw at umich.edu
- Treasurer: Debs Roush, (734) 663-0415, firstname.lastname@example.org
Currently, GPQM conducts business the third Saturday in May at the Michigan Friends Center (9:00 AM start) and the third Saturday in September (9:00 AM start) at the Friends School in Detroit. A Mid-Winter Gathering (9:00 AM start) for fellowship and renewal is held, generally in February and a gathering for worship and pot-luck around the time of Hiroshima Day (the first Sunday of August) at Quaker Park in Battle Creek (11:00 AM start). Joe Mills of Kalamazoo MM, 269-375-4414 or email@example.com is the contact person for this event for further information.
According to the Articles of Association, its official purpose is to:
- promote and support the activities of its members in worship, witness and social service, according to the beliefs of Friends;
- found , foster and support local meetings of Friends;
- harmonize, publish and propagate the beliefs and aspirations of Friends with respect to worship, witness, and social service.
- It continues to help support the American Friends Service Committee Ann Arbor office.
- It owns and is responsible for the administration of the Friends School in Detroit
- It acts in conjunction with the Friends Lake Cooperative Community to administer the Michigan Friends Center under its Articles of Incorporation.
Abstract of the History of Green Pastures Quarterly Meeting
- Formed in 1957, consisting of Ann Arbor, Detroit and Kalamazoo Meetings, the East Lansing Preparative Meeting and the Toledo Friends Group
- Attendance in the late fifties and early sixties about 200.
- 1960 affiliated with FGC and accepted the 1955 PYM Faith and Practice.
- 1964 incorporated officially. Grand Rapids Preparative Meeting included.
- 1968 Birmingham Meeting became a constituent meeting.
- 1970 Pine River Meeting; 1971 Grand Rapids Meeting; 1973 Red Cedar Meeting formed. Holland Preparative Meeting formed ??? date.
- In 2006, worship groups function in Albion, Fremont, Manitou, Grand Traverse and Tustin.
- 1959 AFSC first active in Michigan; 1961 Friends Lake Cooperative Community established; 1963 Friends School in Detroit incorporated.